Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The Jellyfish (disambiguation)

If had to define myself as an animal, I would define me as a jellyfish.

Why, you’re probably asking that word in mind. I’ll tell you why.

The jellyfish has a beautiful, transparent form, that you can see everything through it. But although you can see-through it, there is one thing for sure what you see is ain’t what you get! 

[The body of a Jellyfish is usually transparent, gelatinous, shaped like a cup or a bell, and nearly completely filled with water. 
Jellyfish come in various colors of various brightness. Light blue, deep blue, yellow, purple, lilac, orange red, etc - and look rather beautiful when see from afar. They glow in dark waters.
http://www.buzzle.com/articles/jellyfish-curious-creatures-sea.html]

It there, but somehow you cannot see it coming through! It is just misunderstood as me.

[Few marine creatures are as mysterious and intimidating as jellyfish. Though easily recognized, this animal is often misunderstood. Bathers and beachcombers react with fear upon encountering this invertebrate but, in fact, most jellyfish in South Carolina waters are harmless. www.seascience-series/jellyfish.html]

And as most of you know, that sometimes I might do some wacky stuffs. Brave and scared almost in the same time. Or I might spill out back the most negative stuffs. But I just play simple! What I dos or done or will dos, are just a reaction from what somebody does to me.

[The sting is usually to stun prey or attackers. It comes from the stinging threads in the Nematocysts in the Cnidoblasts. The Cnidoblasts are the cells found on the tentacles. When the tentacles last out, the venom is injected into the prey or the attacker. http://www.buzzle.com/articles/jellyfish-curious-creatures-sea.html]

I do sting a lot. But for you know, I use most of my stings as a self-defense mechanism. Yes I admit it, sometimes people get hurt by what I said or what I have done. But I do mean no harm, it’s just me.

[Each tentacle is covered with stinging cells (cnidocytes) that can sting or kill other animals: most jellyfish use them to secure prey or as a defense mechanism.Although most jellyfish are not perniciously dangerous to humans, a few are highly toxic, such as Cyanea capillata. Regardless of the acutal toxicity of the stings, many victims find them very painful, and some individuals may have severe allergies similar to bee stings. wikipedia-Jellyfish]

Well that’s little perspective about me. Hope you don’t get my sting! 

[16 March 2007]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference. ~Winston Churchill